26 February 2012

RE:discovery as spring is sprung!!

Good Evening,

Hope all is well in your corner of Blogland? I've had an interesting few days since I last posted. Interesting because as I mentioned on Wednesday, I was supposed to be organising this very disorganised craft room that I call "Creative Chaos" (I know exactly where everything is!!!!) but others just call a mess! Very unfair, I mention no names at this point.


Anyway, I digress... again. I found items, which weren't exactly lost to me, I'd just simply had not much call to use them. Since everyday over the past number of years I've been aided by my good friend Elsie MAC (now, Elsie the III ).


Buried deep at the back of a cupboard, I found my large black shiny pencil case that, like I said I'd totally forgotten about it. You could tell it hadn't had any TLC for a very long time, as my tubes of Gouache can now be used as part of the percussion section in a band, if anyone is stuck for maracas I have some! Totally dried up!! As were most of the felt tip pens, shame really, only the weird colours have survived there claustrophobic ordeal of the last, got to be at least 9 years. Shame on me!!


   
I even found a rubber, remember them?? Haha! It's Apple Z for me usually. Not to mention a PVA glue spreader, this is where I might loose a few of you here after I confess I used to love peeling the bits of dried PVA glue of my fingers at school, college and probably can't wait to again when mini magpie is old enough to start creating. I used to lather it on my hands on purpose sometimes, just to have something to do through boring lessons - Any children reading this, that is not the way to go, lessons are good for you!!.


Anyways, I think it's a shame this shiny black case hasn't had a airing for a while as I had also a large selection of pencil crayons. These have now found a new and organised home in the sauce jars that have been asking me for a job for a while now so all is good.




I think I am going to spend the next few weeks powering down Elsie and powering up the pencil crayons and see if we can't get reacquainted. That is, after I do some more tidying. I have another confession, I was so chuffed with this rediscovery for glorious pre computer tools and how they look in their new home here in the craft room, I just stared at them for a while before downing cleaning tools and went off to pick mini magpie up! Since then, I haven't progressed any further with my 'spring clean' inside but did make a start on a few things outside. I think Spring is finally on it's way!! Hooray! 


Well ta-rah for now, if you have a spare minute pop over to Magpie's Patch for a gardening update.


Thanks for popping by, take care xx




P.S only three days left of my 'Treble Stitch Challenge' set by All4meggymoo. I will be posting all my efforts shortly, let me know what you think and have I done enough to make my birdie decoration??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just wanted to say a 'BIG' thank you for taking the time out to leave your comments. Forgive me for not responding straight away but rest assure I WILL asap as I really appreciate your thoughts. Much love and thanks in advance Rubie Magpie xx